13 July 2011

Seeing Spots




I've noticed there is a love/hate relationship people have with Polka Dots. You either love them, or you hate them. Well, I for one, love polka dots. They're fun and playful but can really look sophisticated if styled correctly. I think a main worry is looking too "young" in polka dots, or believing that they will make you look heavier. 
If they're good enough for Michelle Obama, they're good enough for me!



With all prints, proportion matters. Maybe instead of huge polka dots you can go for tiny ones. I love the traditional black and white polka dot patterns the best, but there are a million different color combinations out there to have fun with.

I think it's important to know that you don't have to wear polka dots from head to toe. Also, you can try adding a pop of color to your polka dot ensemble. It's really a versatile print and looks great when paired with other prints. Polka dots have been pretty big this spring, and will be big in fall too. Designers such as Stella McCartney, Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Marni and Diane von Furstenberg have all sent polka dot pieces down the runway.
There's a great editorial with polka dots featuring Emma Stone
 in the current issue of ELLE.


Here are some great pieces I've found:

Polka dots


click the items for information on where to buy. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...