23 June 2010

Does Shoe Dazzle Really Dazzle?

 (pictured above: Hypnotic Parker Studded Pump, similar to pump featured on homepage of shoedazzle.com, $26 UrbanOG.com)

To be honest, when I first heard about ShoeDazzle.com I thought, "Why the heck didn't I think of that?!" The idea sounds pretty cool in theory. Kim Kardashian and her team of "expert stylists" select monthly selections of which you can choose one shoe a month for $40 with free shipping. Sounds great right? Well, not so much once you really get down to it. Indeed, I had heard good things about it so I went to check it out myself. On my first quick browse, I didn't register, but I noticed on the front page, many shoes that I had seen previously online for well under $40. So why would I need Kim K. to recommend styles that I could very well find on my own?

Feeling that I wasn't fair in my judgement of Shoe Dazzle, I decided to actually try it out. I registered, did my style quiz, picking celebrity looks that I felt best suited my own personal style, and waited a few days for these "expert stylist" to send me my June Selections.


I got five selections of which I consisted of a basic pump, peep toe pump, sandals and two club heels.


I got recommended these sandals called "Jasmine" in fuchsia, while I didn't find the exact ones online, these above are similar and available in a variety of other colors at GoJane.com for $18 and UrbanOG.com for $12.



This "Edge" pump, I actually really liked. The only one I in fact liked from my five selections. A quick Internet search and I found these exact shoes at BareFeetShoes.com which are also available in three other colors (pink, blue and white). They're called Razor by Privileged and retail for $35.

All in all I wouldn't say Shoe Dazzle is a rip off, but beware that the shoes aren't going to be the highest quality. I found a facebook fan page "Shoe Dazzle Sucks" that has some reviews of a few unsatisfied customers, the page also helps you find shoes similar to what you found on shoedazzle.com. For $40 you really could surf websites such as gojane.com, urbanog.com, makemechic.com and cutesygirl.com and find some of the same selections for way under $40. So, try it out for yourself and see how you like it, registration is free and you only pay after you've selected your first pair of shoes.

3 comments:

This is ChiChi Podcast - Table The Matter said...

omg thanks so much for this post, the other sites you suggested had really great shoes, and for cheaper than $40.

Dana LaVette said...

You're welcome! thanks for reading!

Unknown said...

you should post that on their page hahahha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...